Unfortunately most people usually start out with a free leveling guide, which is hardly worth your time in our opinion. After all, you get what you pay for, and in this case, this couldn’t be more true.
However, before I get into the reasons why you should avoid free guides, here are the top 2 leveling guides available on the market, I recommend checking out one of these if you’re serious about leveling 1-85 fast:
Here’s 7 Good Reasons Why You Should Avoid Free Leveling Guides Like the Plague
- They tend to run extremely slow, and can crash your game/computer. Most of the time one of the biggest problems with free WoW leveling guides is that they are coded very poorly, and can cause your computer to slow down during game play, especially when a lot is going on at once in your game. Also, some of the free leveling guides that I have tried would crash my game or computer. Of course, I never had an overly fast PC or anything, but still, a program like this should not take much to run, and definitely shouldn’t be causing your game (or even computer in some cases) to crash either.
- No waypoint arrow in most cases. While this may not sound like that big of a deal, anyone that has ever seen or used a paid WoW leveling guide already knows that this is arguably the BEST feature that a guide can ever have. A waypoint arrow is what always keeps you going in the right direction (towards your next goal or objective), and it will even move when you move, so that it always stays pointing in the right direction. However, don’t expect to get this feature from a free leveling guide (I have yet to ever see one that had a waypoint arrow).
- They Are Usually Outdated, And Never Updated. Most of the free World of Warcraft leveling guides are very outdated. Perhaps this is why so many of them run so slow and can cause your PC to become bogged down or unstable. However, that is not the only problem with them being outdated; when they are outdated & obsolete, this means that they are not even going to know about the newer quests, newer items, and newer NPC’s etc. This means that your leveling is never going to be nearly as fast or efficient as it could be. And you can pretty much forget about the free WoW and or Cataclysm leveling guides ever being updated, because the publisher really has no incentive at all to update them, because they make no money from them.
- Many of them have a horrible in-game viewer/interface window. Unlike most of the paid WoW leveling guides out there, the free ones usually have a HORRIBLE in-game viewer window (or interface). It is usually big and bulky, laughably ugly, and extremely lacking in WoW leveling features and detail. And you can bet they most likely wont include a model viewer either (which is something that shows you actual images of the items and NPC’s that you are supposed to find for your next objective etc.).
- Some Of Them May Install Adware On Your Computer. They say that nothing is ever free, which is more often than not the case with free computer software. This is no different when it comes to WoW leveling guides and addons. Some of the “free” WoW leveling guides/addons can actually end up installing annoying “Adware” on your PC, and some of them may even show obnoxious Ads too, right within your game. I don’t know about you, but this is NOT the type of stuff I want to be dealing with, especially when IN-GAME!
- Customer support is pretty much non-existent for most of the free WoW leveling guides. Just like with most of the other free software out there, you are never going to get good (if any) customer support with a free World of Warcraft leveling guide. Even if you ARE lucky enough to get a response from the creator of the software (which usually takes days, if not weeks), it is most likely going to be a worthless response (at least from my experiences so far).
- You risk having your WoW account banned. While I admit that the odds of this happening are a bit slim, it is still a possibility, since there is no guarantee that any of the free leveling guides/addons even comply with Blizzards addon policies. However, every paid WoW leveling guide that I have ever seen has been guaranteed to comply with Blizzard’s addon policies. And if Blizzard changes or updates their policy, then the guide/addon will be updated to comply, when necessary.
I tried several free cataclysm leveling guide products, and none of them ended up working properly…
In fact, one actually gave me a virus! With that being said, we always recommend that you use a legitimate, paid Warcraft leveling guide to level 1-85 the fastest way possible.